Job Opening: Field/Maintenance Technician
Hoffman Services Inc. an industry leader in heavy-duty vehicle lifting systems is actively looking to add to our already ever-expanding workforce.
Experience suitable for this position is as follows:
Prior experience as an auto mechanic. general maintenance technician
and/or service technician
Prior responsibilities & duties include but were not limited to:
· Minimum of two years’ experience in mechanical troubleshooting and equipment repairs
· Technical experience and understanding of electrical-mechanical and hydraulic systems
· Read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
· Perform hands-on replacement of mechanical and electrical parts
· Demonstrate the ability to follow troubleshooting and testing protocols on equipment
· Ability to work independently and be flexible regarding work assignments
· Work with other technicians and management on major repairs or installations
· Respond to customers and Distributors technical inquiries
· Complete service reports and inspection documentation accurately
· Represent the company as an expert and a professional
· High School diploma or equivalent is strongly preferred but not required.
· A valid NJ state driving license, in good standing is required, as well as a clean driving record.
· Prior Technical certification, training is strongly preferred but not required.
· Individuals with an RV or Marine background encouraged to apply
· Individuals with a military background encouraged to apply
· Must be willing and able to travel within the tri-state area.
Physical Demand & Working Conditions
· Talking, hearing, repetitive hand motions, standing, walking, sitting climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
· Potential exposure to cold, heat, temperature changes, outside atmospheric conditions including wet conditions and humidity.
· Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
· Utilize hand, air and electric hand tools
· Hoffman Services Inc. offers a competitive salary, paid medical insurance, paid vacation sick days and holidays, 401K Plan with company match. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled. Drug-free employer.
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $22.00-25.00 per hour (starting range)
401(k)/401(k) with annual company safe-harbor match
Paid Medical insurance
PTO: Vacation day(s), all major Holiday(s) & Sick day(s)
8 hour shift: Monday to Friday
Prevailing Wage – per project as required
Bonus pay when applicable
Vaccination against COVID is strongly suggested (two shots or more).
Mask wearing is strongly suggested but voluntary.
Hoffman Services Inc. provides required PPE to each employee.
Work Location: Tri-state area
Hoffman Services Inc. is an industry leader in the field of heavy-duty vehicle lifts – bus, train, plane and truck lifts – we are and continue to be the preferred supplier to many of the tri-state public and private sector organizations.
Hoffman Services Inc. is currently headquartered in Newark, NJ.
Hoffman Services Inc. is a truly excellent company to work with and for.
We are third-generation within this industry, we are strong and we are mighty.
Working at Hoffman Services Inc. has proven to be a tremendous career opportunity for all of our staff, both field as well as offices.
Please download the application (PDF) here.
Download it, fill it out and return it, along with your current resume/CV to:
– Thank you! The entire crew @ Hoffman Services Inc